How to install wordpress in cpanel – If you plan to create a website with wordpress and you want to publish it to the internet here I will give a clear tutorial. To make a WordPress website on your own hosting is actually quite easy, and if you are accustomed to not even half an hour your website can be online, even less.
Therefore, we will use the help of an autoinstaller application that can install several website applications in minutes. Actually in cPanel, this autoinstaller software is also already contained in cPanel. This makes it very easy for you to create a website with WordPress.
Here are some popular autoinstaller applications, including:
- Fantastico de Luxe
- Quick Install
Softaculous is additional features in cPanel that will make it easier for you to install various cms (content management system) such as wordpress, prestashop, drupal and so on.
How to install wordpress in cpanel with Softaculous
- Login cPanel Hosting – Example goes to your cPanel via http://namedomain/cpanel or http://namedomain.com:2082
- Then enter the cPanel Hosting username and password that has been provided by the Hosting provider.
- On the cPanel Admin page, please find the Softaculous application on the cPanel admin page.
- After clicking the Softaculous Apps Installer menu there are various kinds of Content Management Systems (CMS) that you can choose. To install wordpress, then choose WordPress. Then click the INSTALL tab to open the WordPress installation form page.
- Install WordPress
Fill in the data on the WordPress installation form, and make sure the contents are complete. If not, the installation process will fail.
– Choose protocol, select one http: // or http: // www, and if your domain supports SSL, you can use the HTTPS. But if you do not understand the purpose of using this protocol, it is better for the beginning to choose the normal HTTP.
– Choose domain, select the domain that WordPress will install.
– In directory, just leave it blank.
– Site name, fill in the name or title of your site.
– Site description, containing a tagline or a brief description of your site.
– Username, username that will be used when logging into the WordPress admin dashboard page (tips, avoid using the word “ADMIN”).
– Password, password to log in.
– Email, make sure to use your email address that is still active, because later all default notifications that come from the site, will be sent to this email address.
- WordPress Installation Is CompletedAfter the installation process is complete, information will appear about the domain that you used earlier. To access the website, you can simply access the URL contained in the information. To access the admin dashboard, you can add / wp-admin.
How to install WordPress on cPanel Hosting via Softaculous is quite easy, besides being easy and fast, using Softaculous you don’t need to configure one by one. Besides WordPress, you can do any installation on Softaculous. For example, how to install Moodle for elearning website, Prestashop, how to install Ghost on hosting and so on. This Softaculous feature is in cPanel found in Hosting.